We propose a scalable management reporting and analytics solutions based on Microsoft BI stack, which is considered as #1 in BI and Analytics for the last 5 years by Gartner. Our BI tools are based on:
- Power Pivot – a self-service BI solution integrated with MS Excel 2010+
- Power Query – big data and semi-structured data integration tool
- Power BI – a cloud BI reporting platform + desktop application
Another benefit of using Microsoft BI stack is a minimization of IT effort because all development is done by business users in Excel or Power BI Desktop which has a familiar interface.
In our BI project the role of IT is limited to provisioning of the required IT resources such as servers, storage space and basic IT support (data backups, servers and network connectivity administration). Thus we significantly lower IT-related risks and communication efforts.
There are plenty of implementation options available suitable for any scale and budget:
- local Excel-based or Power BI Desktop applications
- on-premises enterprise-level web dynamic reports and dashboards using Microsoft SharePoint platform
- full or hybrid cloud solutions using Microsoft Office 365 and Microsoft Azure infrastructure with mobile reporting