A little background to who we are and what we do
Given the current macroeconomic climate, the future looks less predictable than ever. However, shareholders continue to demand increases in profitability and management asks for more and better analysis and reporting. The responsibility of the Controlling organization is to
- put in place a system that shows the profitability for the key business dimensions such as customers and products
- determine a profitability forecasting methodology for the key business dimensions
- ensure that its information is used as a reference by the entire company in pre- and post-sales decision-making
- build a governance that financially motivates all functional representatives to work together on optimizing the profitability
A few years back, a group of senior Controlling professionals exchanged on how Controlling organizations can realistically live up to these management ambitions. At its core, these challenges were identified:
- Evolve from an accounting to a business driven financial reporting and analysis
- Retain only one financial model and one standard set of referentials for all
- Embrace the latest IT developments in business intelligence, data analytics and user collaboration
- Measure key stakeholders on business rather than just accounting related performance indicators
The idea was born to found a highly specialized niche firm to support Controlling organizations. The firm’s name, “Centida”, is composed of two parts. “Cent” stands for a unit of currency. “ida” is a way of ranking plants in botany systematics. Put together it shows what Centida does: putting structure into business complexities via advanced financial modelling and reporting.
To share with customers our professional experience and to increase the speed of project implementations, Centida’s modelling is done on the basis of a pre-defined financial tool box, the “Cenfibox” (aka Centida financial tool box). Instead of starting a project from scratch, Centida already comes with a potential modelling solution which allows customer discussions to center more on customizing the content and expect a faster modelling turn-around time. Cenfibox enables a huge array of analysis and reporting: smart dashboarding, information sharing, user access and security control, data quality controls, statistical analysis, primary analysis texting….these are just a few of the interesting features offered by Cenfibox. Its design, build and run are highly flexible and scalable making it a “tool of choice” for most customer settings. Have a look at the demo section to get a flavor of some of the models Centida has already been involved in: http://centida.com/site/index.php/cloud-based-business-case-demo/.
We’ll use this blog site to keep you posted on latest developments and business events where you can meet us. If you are interested in more information, feel free to drop us a note any time on firstname.lastname@example.org.